Monday, June 10, 2013

Unexpected Compatriots

Everyone that comes from a large country gets used to seeing their flag over a hotel or large restaurant while visiting another country, especially those countries, hotels and restaurants catering to tourists.  I have seen many Canadian pins on walls in shops and on coats on bus drivers.  I even saw a Vancouver Canucks NHL cap in a store that was filled with caps from other teams and other sports and other countries.
 
But there are always a few sightings of iconic national emblems that go unnoticed by everyone from other places, just as their sightings are missed by myself. (well, that's not really true.  I notice everyone else's as well because I am the noticing sort of person, but I certainly do not expect others to be quite that eagle-eyed)


How did these bikes hop the pond from Alberta?

This welcome is more than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment