Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My favourite Turkish Meal (even though it didn't have baklava)

I have neglected to post photos of food, something that generally dominates my travel blogs.

So I present to you the lunch we had upon arrival in Konya, and which still remains my favourite meal of all the wonderful meals I had on the trip.

First up, bread as made in the local tradition, hot from the over and served with yogurt:



A plate of domas (like dolmades) which are stuffed vine leaves with meat, rice and mint.  Also flat bread spread with tomato, cheese and meat:


Almost every Turkish meal includes soup, most commonly lentil.  This was a particularly good soup, and look at the view of the Green Mosque I had while eating it!



Ahh, the main course: roast lamb. So tender it fell apart.  .


The final course was watermelon which needs no introduction so I will finish with a shot of happy faces and happy bellies

vine leaves in the market, ready to be turned into domas








No comments:

Post a Comment