Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Countdown - 4, 3, and 2 days

word #4
teşekkür edurim: teh-shek-kewr eh-deh-reem
(thank you)

It is quite likely to be hot in Turkey in June.  Being a primarily Muslim society, modesty in dress and demeanor is expected, even from middle-aged Canadian visitors.  For women that means keeping arms and legs covered, and always having a shawl to cover the head when entering temples. But Turks are known to dress smartly, so I don't want to let the side down.

I can do that.  I have a couple of dresses that can be worn with leggings.

Shoes must be removed at temples so slip ons are a must.  I am likely to be led through city streets and rural ruiins for hours at a time so footwear must be comfortable. 

Ok, a pair of black sketchers (which won't look terrible with a dress) and my superfeet flip flops. 

What else?  A pair of capris will be good for days when bare legs below the knee won't offend anyone, and a couple of tops, long and short.  A bathing suit and sarong, a thin wool cardigan in case it gets cool in the evening, and a few shawls.   Oh, and a big floppy sun hat.

Ok, done.  It doesn't seem like a lot, but I just know there will be an item or two too many - there always is.  In that case I will just have to go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment