Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Countdown - 5 days

word #3 - (actually there are three of them but they go together and are awfully small)

bir: beer (1)
iki: ee-kee (2)
üç: ewch (3)

Today I bought my art supplies and I feel like I did whenn I was 8 and about to go back to school in September.

I am no artist.  Never have been.  My mother and sister got the graphic design genes; I got music, rhythm and my guy. 

Did I tell you how this trip came about?  I didn't?  How remiss of me. Allow me to recify the omission.

One half of one of my all-time favourite couple of friends is a prof. of architecture at a university in the US.  He is taking some of his post-graduate students on an architectural tour of Turkey and wanted to know if I wanted to come along.

Ok, maybe that doesn't present itself with the impact it presented to me. 

He asked if I wanted to come along!!!!!

Well these sorts of offers don't come along all that often so I grabbed at it, supported by my husband (who is thrilled he does not have to go as it will be hot and mentally exhausting) and by the second half of one of my all-time favourite couple of friends (who is thrilled that she does not have to go as she has done this trip several other times)

The students of course are there to learn and must each complete a project.  Not wanting me to feel left out, EJ  asked if I wished to do the same.  Uh, no!  I am not about to compete alongside archtitecture post-grad students.  And did I mention I can't draw? 

Well, apparently that was akin to throwing down a gauntlet or other piece of  clothing.  EJ stated that his projecgt will be to teach me how to draw! 

He gave me a shopping list, directed me to his favourite art supply store and this morning I went in and made my purchases.

The list is as follows:

A good sketchbook, preferably square, all-media, off-white, medium tooth paper, cloth binding:


 kneadable eraser:

a pencil sharpener, metal, with case for holding shavings:
small ruler:
pencils:
B, HB, F, H, 2H:
plus a few additions courtesy of my mother
and my travelling girl pencil case:
note the Eiffel Tower is the zip


No comments:

Post a Comment